Leila's sports day

Moderators: administrator, babynet

Leila's sports day

Postby administrator » Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:08 pm

Leila had her first ever sports day yesterday at nursery. It went really well. All of the children looked so cute. It was really funny when they brought them out onto the field to where we were all sitting and all you could hear was the toddlers shouting "mummy" "daddy" in bewildered voices as they recognised people. Leila went all shy and smiley when she saw us (me, DH and my mum and dad) as if to say "you're not normally here but I like it".

Anyway, she was in 3 races - the forwards running, the backwards running and the obstacle. She did really well and stayed in line for all of her races. A lot of the kiddies were running all over the place. It was really cute and funny. She came 2nd in the backwards running race. Everyone got a medal.
It was a lovely day, almost rained though, and just as it was finishing we could hear thunder in the distance so it was timed just right!
The administrator
administrator
Site Admin

Re: Leila's sports day

Postby administrator » Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:38 pm

wow, must have been something amazing to watch. Forgot that we still have to go throu all of that. Wow.
The administrator
administrator
Site Admin

It must have been so cute

Postby administrator » Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:19 pm

I think its a good idea that everyone got medals ...all about participation. Maybe I should suggest it to our creche, 'cos we had a bit of a dilemma this year. Joel got his 'medal' (a chocolate medallion, yummi, from woolies) for 2nd place, but dear sweet Sophie refused to participate in any of her events and try explaining to her why her baby brother has a 'medal' and she doesn't. The truth is last year she got one for doing the ahem *clears throat* potato and spoon race with help from dad off course,lol, I think she just had to finish the race with the spoon in her hand,lol. Its so funny.
The administrator
administrator
Site Admin

Return to Archived Messages